Frequently Asked Questions
What is MUN?
- Model United Nations (MUN) is a simulation of the UN General Assembly and other multilateral bodies. In Model UN, students assume the role of ambassadors from UN member states to debate current issues on the organization’s agenda. During the simulation process, student delegates give speeches, prepare draft resolutions, negotiate with allies and adversaries, resolve conflicts, and navigate the Model UN conference rules of procedure – all in the interest of mobilizing “international cooperation” to resolve problems that affect countries all over the world.
Who can apply?
- High school students can apply. University students can apply as chairs if they are experienced.
Do you have a dress code?
- Formal wear is required.
Male and female participants can wear pants, blazers and shirts.
In addition to this female participants can wear dresses and skirts that are not too revealing.
Is it obligatory to attend all of the sessions?
- Delegates who miss more than 3 sessions will not be able to get their certificates.
What is the language of the conference?
- English and Turkish (depends on the committee preference) are the formal languages of our conference.
Is there a minimum or maximum amount of delegates per delegation?
- In MEKMUN, a delegation needs at least 5, at most 20 delegates.
What procedure do you follow?